rss

Friday, March 17, 2006

Day 8...

Yet another night of not being able to sleep very well. This is becoming a very nasty habit. For about...oh...I'd say 2 months now, I go to bed at night, I do sleep, but I wake up in the morning feeling more tired than when I went to bed. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm lucky if I feel rested once a week. The rest of the time, I feel like a walking zombie.

This whole 30 day goal seems to be going nowhere fast (see The Other Side for details of the 30 day goal). Even the idea that I might be able to drop down to part time, seems pretty much like an impossible feat. Maybe if I had the time to work on my taxes, which may give me a fair amount of money back to me, seems like a far distant reality. Hmmm...maybe I should be working on that right now, rather that sitting here and avoiding the things I need to do. My goal was to have all my receipts organized by this Sunday. Where am I now with that? Haven't even started. In fact, I haven't even looked at the file folder they're sitting in.

Okay...it's decided. As soon as I get off the computer, I'm going to go get those stupid receipts, and start organizing. If I don't get it done by the time I have to leave for work, then I'll work on it as soon as I get home tonight. And lucky me...I put in for early leave tonight, so I'm off at 6pm. So, no excuses. If I really want to change my reality, I'd better start doing something about it in terms of the money part of it. I really want to find out how much I'll be getting back from revenue canada.


Last year I got $1275. I'm thinking I'll get more this year, because of the fact that about $550/month gets taken off my paycheck for taxes. I didn't start this job until August of last year, with the prior 2 months having hardly any work at the previous job. I wouldn't have made enough money overall last year, for them to take that much money from me. Between that, and a lot of money was spent on trying to build the business. So, that could mean a huge return...I hope! I'm budgeting for only $1000, in terms of my money saving goal though, just to be conservative, so that I'm not disappointed if I get way less that what I'm hoping for.

So, with that in mind, I've added a "savings counter", so I can visually track how close I am to my minimum goal of $2500 in savings, which will enable me to have about 5 months of savings to cover me on only working part time. I think having this kind of visual that I can update periodically, will help my focus of actually saving money up. I'm also adding a day counter that shows how many more days to my target, which is to have that minimum of $2500 saved up by April 30. These 2 counters will give me a visual as to how much I've saved, and how many more days I have to meet that target. The day counter should give me the fire to get off my butt when I need to, as I get ever closer to my deadline.

Okay. That's all I have to say for this morning. Time to go have breakfast.

Blessings,
Morgana

0 comments: