rss

Friday, March 17, 2006

Day 8...

Yet another night of not being able to sleep very well. This is becoming a very nasty habit. For about...oh...I'd say 2 months now, I go to bed at night, I do sleep, but I wake up in the morning feeling more tired than when I went to bed. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm lucky if I feel rested once a week. The rest of the time, I feel like a walking zombie.

This whole 30 day goal seems to be going nowhere fast (see The Other Side for details of the 30 day goal). Even the idea that I might be able to drop down to part time, seems pretty much like an impossible feat. Maybe if I had the time to work on my taxes, which may give me a fair amount of money back to me, seems like a far distant reality. Hmmm...maybe I should be working on that right now, rather that sitting here and avoiding the things I need to do. My goal was to have all my receipts organized by this Sunday. Where am I now with that? Haven't even started. In fact, I haven't even looked at the file folder they're sitting in.

Okay...it's decided. As soon as I get off the computer, I'm going to go get those stupid receipts, and start organizing. If I don't get it done by the time I have to leave for work, then I'll work on it as soon as I get home tonight. And lucky me...I put in for early leave tonight, so I'm off at 6pm. So, no excuses. If I really want to change my reality, I'd better start doing something about it in terms of the money part of it. I really want to find out how much I'll be getting back from revenue canada.


Last year I got $1275. I'm thinking I'll get more this year, because of the fact that about $550/month gets taken off my paycheck for taxes. I didn't start this job until August of last year, with the prior 2 months having hardly any work at the previous job. I wouldn't have made enough money overall last year, for them to take that much money from me. Between that, and a lot of money was spent on trying to build the business. So, that could mean a huge return...I hope! I'm budgeting for only $1000, in terms of my money saving goal though, just to be conservative, so that I'm not disappointed if I get way less that what I'm hoping for.

So, with that in mind, I've added a "savings counter", so I can visually track how close I am to my minimum goal of $2500 in savings, which will enable me to have about 5 months of savings to cover me on only working part time. I think having this kind of visual that I can update periodically, will help my focus of actually saving money up. I'm also adding a day counter that shows how many more days to my target, which is to have that minimum of $2500 saved up by April 30. These 2 counters will give me a visual as to how much I've saved, and how many more days I have to meet that target. The day counter should give me the fire to get off my butt when I need to, as I get ever closer to my deadline.

Okay. That's all I have to say for this morning. Time to go have breakfast.

Blessings,
Morgana

1 comments:

Crazy Catlady said...

I know that you can do this. If this is your dream then work towards that and don't let any little set backs stop you. Look at these little set backs as challenges and learn from them and not look at them as a disappointment. When you have to work so hard for something, it is even sweeter when you get it.